Sunday 7 March 2010

Rock on..it's Monday!

This tag was shown in an advertisement in this months Craft Stamper Magazine for 'The Patchwork Butterfly Theme plate ' by Elusive Images ....this is one of the projects shown in the ad. I added a bit of bling ( just a touch!)


I brayered the background using a very smooth white card and Adirondak Teracotta & Butterscotch Dye Inks. One of the swirls from the plate was then stamped with the terracotta to get a tone on tone effect and then stamped again but just around the edges in .....Versafine black.


The large butterfly was stamped using a black pigment ink & embossed with clear embossing powder & coloured in with my wonderful Copics.The smaller butterfly was stamped onto red card and embossed with gold embossing powder...they were both cut out and layered over the tag ...I made a hole at the top of the tag and threaded some ribbon ..... a few gems for the bling along with two black wire antenna for the butterflies cos I don't do fiddly cutting and I had lobbed them off !!


The Irish prayer is also from the plate...I stamped and matted & layered it onto the tag that's it... job done !


I hope you will call by again soon, have a good week.
Eileen x