Tuesday 4 May 2010

Wet,wet,wet !



White linen card embossed in my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder.
The flowers are the Marianne Creatables ribbon flowers
The ribbon is threaded through slots in the flower,very fiddly but worth it.

I used my Hougie board to emboss the lines on the card
 and mounted the flowers,wire and a couple of metal flowers that I found in my stash
 onto one of my oval Nestabilities and that in turn was mounted onto a scalloped oval 'nestie'.

My second card was so much fun to do ..Pale cream linen card this time, embossed with a Cuttlebug 'Stylised flower' embossing folder. One Nestabilities circle cut from the cream card stock and placed in the middle of the card front. My Hougie board was again employed to score the lines at the bottom of the card.

I cut the flowers with a Tim Holtz Sizzix,'Tattered Florals' die using pages from an old book
 well ...I have to come clean here because I was in the caravan in the middle of nowhere
 my old books were all at home.
 However, hubby had almost finished a book he was reading about the Romans...so.......unbeknown to him I tore out a few pages at the front of the book and prayed he would never want to read it again!Sneaky eh!

The flowers were coloured using a Mountain Meadow, Big and Juicy ink pad applied with cut-n-dry foam.
I layered them up and a brad in the middle of each one held them together . The butterflies are Shapeabilities and I stenciled them, in the die, using the same coloured ink pad. Some black wire and a sentiment completes the card.
Thanks for popping by today. Have a good week.
Eileen x