Friday 6 August 2010

Flowers and a Melt Pot!



Hi everyone,
I am not posting a card today.I have been playing a lot with this new 'bit of kit.' Well, say new but I bought my Melt Pot in April at the Ally-Pally in London.

I have only just got around to using it because I saw an article in this months Craft Stamper magazine called Faux Porcelain Flowers.   I read the article and looked on the site recommended  /http://sherrycheever.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ and was hooked !!
 My first faux porcelain flower
Look at the left hand side of Sherry's site in categories, faux porcelain.
I had a great afternoon and this is what I produced ....not bad for a FIRST attempt .

I must say I got a bit 'cocky' and because my first one was not too bad I reckoned the next would be a doddle... WRONG ! the second and third attempt were rubbish ....only fit for the bin . Huh!

The  pink flower was cut with my Nestabilities (Dahlia) then coloured in with distressed inks and its dippy time into the pot!
The second and I think, better flower, was cut using the first four Blossom Nestie dies and some lovely printed paper.
I also used a heat gun on this one to smooth out the bits and bubbles left after I  had removed it from the pot.

The video on Sherry's site is easy to follow. However, she uses a different flower and a slightly different technique to the one in the Craft Stamper mag....anyway I had great fun.

Thanks for stopping by
Have a good weekend
Eileen x