Monday 24 January 2011

Faux Cuttlebug Plus Embossing Folder!

Hi everyone, today's card is a bit of a 'CHEAT'.
I just loved a card that Shaz in OZ made a few days ago and wanted to make one like it.
Shaz has one of the new Cuttlebug Plus Embossing folders.
I saw the card she had produced and rushed off to BUY the folder!
On the sites I went to (that had it in stock) it was TWENTY-FIVE QUID ! Ouch! too rich for me for one folder even if it does cut, dance and sing "If I was a rich man"!

 So..... after having a good look at it I decided to cheat and using a 'normal' 5 x 7 Cuttlebug folder and a Labels Fourteen Nestabilities Die .... I have come up with this !

I stamped my flower image onto watercolour paper and used brush markers to colour it in.

I chose some Colorcore Cardstock( The Chocolate Box)  plonked the Nestie Labels Fourteen in the middle of the cardstock, cut it, then slipped it into the Cuttlebug folder and ran it through my machine.

 I stuck the flower image onto the back of the cardstock so you can see it through the aperture
and after distressing the card with a sanding block, I mounted it onto a pink card blank and fiddled around with some ribbon and a Nestie Ribbon Tag. Job done! I don't think it's as nice as the card Shaz has created ....but it's cheap!

Before I go, I would like to say a big thank you to Maggie and Maria and Keryn for my lovely blog awards. Many thanks ladies. Please check these blogs out cos they are fab!

Thanks for popping by today ...see you soon.

Eileen x