Tuesday 11 January 2011

Lavinia Stamps, Adirondak Ink Pads and My Brayer.

Hello, I have had the most super day today, making a mess while playing with my Brayer and lots of stamps and ink pads. I feel really relaxed after a very busy few days.

 This card is a bit bright and that reflects my mood !
I have used Pepper Red and Sunshine Yellow Adirondack Inks and  all the images are from the Lavinia Stamps range. Gorgeous stamps, please have a  look at Tracey's work and shop HERE.

I only use my Brayer with the Matt card stock from Lavinia Stamps or the Silk card stock from Clarity Stamping.

I find I get a nice smooth finish with no lines as long as I remember to 'flick' my Brayer and do not overload it with ink, as with all things in life 'little and often' is best!

I have also inked the edges of the card with the Red Pepper ink, applied with Cut and Dry foam.
 The 'cracked ice' or 'water' effect was achieved by inking the brayer right on it's edge with Pitch Black Adirondack Ink, so that you get just a tiny very thin line right around your brayer then flick it over your art work as many times as you like till you are happy with the image. BE BRAVE!  lol!

The Chinese words on the die cut say 'Double Happiness' and it is a Punch that I have had for a few years!


Thanks for looking today and many thanks  for the lovely comments  and e-mails you are leaving about my work...it is very much appreciated.
Eileen x