Tuesday 8 March 2011

Fleur De Lis Pendant and Shapeabilities Cross Collection

Hello, I hope your week has been great so far.

I have really enjoyed my day. A DVD that I had ordered called 'the social network' arrived with the post this morning'. All about the founders of facebook.

I watched the film while I was cutting out the shapes from my Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant die. The die was a pain in the neck till I lightly sprayed some water on the card stock, it was hard to remove from the die until I remembered this trick!

I'm glad I had read the book first, 'The Accidental Billionaires' as this added to my enjoyment of the film, the book is full of details that the film has no time to explain and the screenplay is complex but fascinating.

Anyway..... back to this card!


The inspiration for this card came from this lady who has a  super blog!

I made the card that Irina had originally posted on the Spellbinders FB page last year as a wedding card, re posting it here again. I made the card in cream.

My new cards could, I think, be used for Easter or maybe sympathy or confirmation cards depending on the colours you use.

I used brown and gold mirror card for the card shown here . I also made one in Silver and Black but I've had terrible trouble getting a good image to show you, so I have posted two of brown card and 'part' of the Silver and Black.lol!

I cut and embossed eight of the small square image that is part of the
Fleur De Lis die and layered these on the card stock.
I then used the Classic Squares large Nestabilities to cut four squares each one in a different size and finally I cut and embossed each image of the entire Shapeabilities Cross Collection dies and layered them one on top of each other with foam pads.




Thanks for popping by today and I am 'shouting out' for this lovely blog from Lynn  Beautiful work ...you will enjoy looking!

Enjoy the rest of your week. It's going to be a few days till I post again because I have a ton of ironing to do and my lovely husband is dropping hints along the lines of 'Where's my shirts!..... awww bless 'im !
Eileen xx