Thursday, 2 May 2013

Lavinia Stamps, PanPastels and a Sweet Poppy Stencil

 

Yo ho bloggers, me again with another card from Lavinia Stamps
anSweet Poppy Stencils.
A PanPastels background, created by blending the colours,Violet and Violet Tint together onto some White linen card stock and sealed with a pastels sealant or hairspray. 

 


The main Lavinia Stamp image, Dandelions, was stamped using Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and Versafine Onyx Black. 
After ensuring my images were dry, I placed the Agapanthus Stencil over the top of the stamped images and taped it down with very lo tac masking tape and applied White Glossy Dimensional paste over the stencil. I removed the stencil and left it alone to dry for some hours then repeated the stencilling process again to complete my design.


I really enjoyed making this card, it was fun to do and I was pleased that I resisted touching it to see if it was dry yet!
Thanks for popping over to my blog today.
See you soon 
Eileen xxx 

25 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Eileen. May have to get my hands on some of the Poppy stencils. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous effect the texture added over the image has made, yet another inspirational project Eileen, you might have to start patenting your ideas! Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is breathtaking, I'm fascinated!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Eileen great work!!!! Shaz in Oz.x
    Erm, so know what you mean about allowing things to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! I saw this on my phone on FB yesterday but it doesn't quite have the same impact as seeing it on the screen now! Fabulous Dahling!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous, love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the colours on this Eileen, another lovely stencil.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just gorgeous, well done you for resisting temptation ...... I don't know how you do it but I can see it's well worth the wait. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the texture effect over the top of the stamped, and the colours are gorgeous.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the PanPastels highlight the paper texture yet still provide good coverage. The stencil over the stamping is fab! Sweet, where the stencil texture crossed the stamped image that still shows through. So... A bee-u-tee-ful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Eileen, the texture really makes the card come to life. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, your violet poppies.
    Regards
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really beautiful Eileen - just love the colours. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and beautiful colour combo :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Stunning Eileen, and so effective...I love it. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Eileen, Di from Pixie's snippets playground sent me your way, and I'm so glad she did. I love your work :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi everyone and a great big thank you for such super kind comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmm purple - my favorite colour and this just pops... I have some texture paste and have never been game to use it - but I think I will after seeing this result... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry Eileen, thought I'd already commented on this card, but obviously not! .......I love it, I love the colours, the stamps, and that gorgeous stencil (I've just ordered 2 more ;-) ) It's such a gorgeous effect x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Eileen . .. this is a stunner . . . don't know how I missed it! A definite favourite. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Completely gorgeous Eileen. Had to open up this post to read how on earth you made the white agapanthus as it's so effective.


    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.