Monday, 16 September 2013

White Wax Crayon Technique and some fantastic news!

Hi ho Crafty Pals, I'm such a happy little blogger today!
I've been lucky enough to win some fantastic stamps from 
Just cannot explain how overjoyed I am.  I adore Wendy's products and have quite a few!
So lucky... Might win the lottery tonight as well!
Back to my card... I taught this White Wax Crayon Technique to my Workshop class last Saturday. Quick, easy but very 'eye' catching!
Stamp your line image with Versafine or Archival black ink onto the reverse, white side, of some Centura Pearl card stock.
Cover some of the lines of the image with the White Wax crayon. This action, of course, forms a resist!
Then randomly plonk on some Distress inks using a blending tool, taking care not to take care! 
When dry, polish off some of the colour from the surface of your card to allow the White Wax to show more clearly.
That's it really ... I blended some more Distress ink colour around the outside of the main image and Aged Mahogany Distress ink around all the outside edges. Mat and layer .. job done ! 
This card is for my friend Mike who needs cheering up after an operation on his poorly knee. Get well soon Mike ! x
Eileen xxx

22 comments:

  1. What a clever technique! Simple and very effective! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Love this x Eileen I have not done this for ages ....may go and rob Er I mean borrow Rory's white crayon....sure he has a few somewhere! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this simple technique. it looks fab. makes the images pop. love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick and easy technique. Lovely results too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique, beauitiful card!
    Groetjes karin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, it would cheer anyone up. Love this technique, why oh why did I throw away my children's wax crayons away, oh I know....they grew up, I wonder if they still give them away at Maccy Dee's ?? lol. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, I am sure Mike will like it and it will certainly cheer him up big time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Well done you, I love her products too, she's a very talented lady.
    Love this technique, just need some crayons now!!! Lol think I will use it a lot as its so quick and effective, "I like quick and simple" lol
    That's such a cute stamp, the technique has turned it into funky, fun and very arty! Beautiful colours xxx Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC. Love this. Great technique. TFS.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW I love this technique, going to have to have a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this technique. Great idea and great image.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing this technique - I'm sure your friend Mike will be cheered up by this humourous card. Just love that 'doggy pile'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun and easy technique Eileen and you've made a lovely card with it!
    warm greet Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for doing this card, I am very lucky to have a such a lovely friend. Looking forward to seeing you and the woofers tomorrow night. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I love that pile of doggies! Congrats on your win, and enjoy your new stamps! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ongrats on your win, lovely card, I'll be looking for white crayons, lovely technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your win...I loved this card when I saw it on fb, and thanks to you I now know how to do it. Please can I borrow , my crafters would love this and ofcourse I will credit you and say where I learnt it....thanks in anticipation....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your win Eileen, your card is fantastic, thanks for explaining the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A simple technique but makes such a lovely effect on a card doesn't it. Love the 'cutey' stamp Eileen - whose is it? Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do love the look of this - will this technique work on other card stock?
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card Eileen, I must give this white wax crayon technique a try. Which brand of crayon did you use ?

    Hugs
    Wynneth
    X

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a darling card. I bet it did cheer up your friend. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.