Tuesday 25 March 2014

Andy Skinner Retro Clock - Kroma Crackle and Inka Gold Paints.


Hi Ho Bloggers. Last Saturday I went along to the Allhallows Crop with my crafty mates. 
If you live near Rochester Kent we always love to see new members! 

We sat around, chatted, ate cakes and other naughty stuff and spent the day crafting.... Bliss.
The Clock I'm sharing with you today is the project I started to work on, finally finishing it on Sunday afternoon.


I was given the Clock kit some months back as a gift, so not sure where to buy it.
Its called The Retro Clock by Andy Skinner. Its a large Clock.
Two coats of Black Gesso, painted on with sponge brushes and covering all the parts well, before applying some PVA Glue followed by the Kroma Crackle ( the pva glue makes the crackle stuff work faster ) and then, after drying with a heat gun I watched the crackles appear!


I applied my Inka Gold Paints using sponge brushes and added touches of Treasure Gold gilding wax here and there. ... job done. 


My friend, Karen Clarehosts workshops locally and her classes include this clock but using different materials... stunning stuff, pop over and have a look at her blog HERE.
Back soon. Lots more to share with you this week ... tick tock!
Thank you for looking today.
Eileen xxx