Friday, 17 June 2016

Sweet Poppy Stencils. New Designs June 2016 - A Picture Tutorial, Steampunk Dragonfly and Brusho Paints.

Yo! A Picture Tutorial  for you today, featuring a Brand New Stencil, from Sweet Poppy Stencils The Steampunk Dragonfly. Designed by the very talented, Emma Cronin.
I've put together a quick step by step tutorial for you . 
A square, 13cms piece, of cold pressed Watercolour card, 
Versamark Ink
WOW Opaque Bright White Super Fine
 Embossing Powder  



Impression Obsession Random Circles Stamp
This is a very large stamp! 
Stamp with Versamark Ink and heat emboss the Circles Image


Sprinkle/shake on tiny
Oi! I said TINY, amounts of the Brusho Paint crystals,
 in a few colours of your choice.
 Mist with water to activate the paints.
Don't over do it with the water. Get a look you like 
 
  
When the card stock is dry ( I did not use a heat gun because of the embossing) tape the stencil down firmly, with low tack stencil tape and stencil the image using black ink. I found Black Stazon worked well for this and I also blended some around the edges too.


Randomly stamp the Indigoblu Bubbles Stamp towards the outer edges of the card. I used Stazon, again, as it allowed me to stamp over the white embossing. I cleaned my stamp with baby wipes, not chemical cleaners!


The ink dries fast, so in I went, to decorate the ''bubbles'' stamped area, with a Gold Glitter Pen and some Dr Ph.Martin's 'Bleed Proof' White, that comes in a jar and stays white over Brusho Paints. 
I dipped the end of a small ball tool into the Bleed Proof stuff and applied it with that.

Next came a Seth Apter designed die cut, by Spellbinders called ''Splatter Proof '' available from Oyster Stamps.

  
A little more Gold Glitter Pen here and there and its job done... 


I hope you found this Post useful. 
I'm starting up a Facebook Page for my Tutorials,
 linking to my Blog here...Its fun and I like to share.

 

Thank you so much for looking at my blog today .
A Canvas next! 
Eileen xx

17 comments:

  1. Great piece, love it xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it Eileen, you are the tutorial queen for me, and thanks for introducing me to so many new products and the confidence to try them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always lots of support from you, Irene... Thank you very much for all your interest
      Eileen xxx

      Delete
  3. Amazingly stunning piece of work. Love it. I will try one next week. You are one of my insperation. Thank you for sharing...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow Eileen. this is just fab. love the way you combine stamps/stencils from different brands, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab-u-lous Eileen! Thanks for the tutorial. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Eileen..great tutorial, thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fantastic Eileen, thanks so much Wxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. I have wanted to try something like this but didn't feel artistic enough to try it, until now. Your tutorial is done in such a way that I feel I comfortable enough that I could maybe do a reasonable job of it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you be letting us know when the Facebook page is set up for the tutorials? Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this jumps right out at me. Love your tutorial. You totally rock my world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks for sharing the step by step photos! What a brilliant technique - wish I could come to your classes but the other side of the world is just a tad too far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you use the die cut to highlight the dragonfly! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for sharing, i'm a complete novice but watching your tutorials might give me the push. big hugs to you love maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.